Taking a little break from all the books & TV stuff to accept this award, from the lovely J. Milburn. Firstly, I’d like to say a huge thank you to him for nominating me for this. And I would strongly recommend checking out his blogs. You will not be disappointed. Now, the rules of the award.
– Link back the blogger that nominated you
– Nominate 10 others who have less than 200 followers
– Answer the 10 questions provided by the blog that nominated you
– Provide 10 questions for the bloggers you nominate
– Let your nominee’s know of their award
So, my nominees for this award are –
I know, I know, I’m cheating by only having four. But to be honest, the majority of blogs I follow – or looked at to try to find some more – have over 200 followers. So I’m going to ask you a favour. If you know of a blog that has under 200 followers, and you think deserves a little recognition, let me know! I’ll have a look, follow if it seems like my kind of thing and add it to my nominees. But yeah, check out the blogs above when you have a chance.
As per the rules, I need to answer ten questions given my the blog that nominated me.
1. Why did you start blogging?
I tried to blog before, but never had the time or ideas of what to blog about. Towards the end of University, I started considering self-publishing, and knew I would need some platform to market myself. So, the blog started, but from the start I told myself I would write about anything I wanted, rather than focusing on one single theme.
2. What is your favorite genre to read?
I will read anything, but my favourite genre is horror. And pretty much anything with a supernatural element to it.
3. What is one long-term goal you hope to accomplish?
Get published and have some sort of success with it. I don’t mean be massively famous, but maybe just do well enough that I can live off writing.
4. What do you do when not blogging or writing?
Watch TV shows. Read (a lot). Slave away at work.
5. What is your favorite movie genre?
Again, horror. Or musicals. Hence Repo: The Genetic Opera being one of my favourite films.
6. What is your favorite part of blogging?
Getting a response. Even if it’s just one like on my blog, it really makes my day.
7. What is your favorite music genre?
The genre questions are really hard! Music…again, for me, I will pretty much listen to anything. I can go from Classic Rock to Disney to Punk to musicals. But my top favourite…hmm. Punk. In all its glorious forms.
8. What is your favorite time of year?
Winter! Halloween, Bonfire Night, my birthday and Christmas. Plus sitting in a fluffy dressing gown is much more comfortable than being all hot and sweaty in summer.
9. Who is your favorite author?
Again, really hard! At the moment, probably Stephen King. I’m trying to work my way through his work, and I’m always amazed at how varied his writing is. I really admire him as a writer.
10. What do you consider the best way to relax?
Drinks with my friends, a good night out, basically. And writing. Writing really chills me out.
My ten to my nominees:
1. Favourite TV show?
2. Favourite book?
3. Best childhood memory?
4. If you could go back to any point in history, where would you go?
5. What would be your ultimate night in?
6. Favourite meal?
7. Ultimate superhero team up?
8. Would your dream home contain a library or a cinema?
9. Favourite band?
10. Favourite holiday (vacation for any Americans) spot?
So there we go, my ten questions. And if you accept this award and post the answers, let me know. I’d love to read them.